Monday 15 April 2013

Using New Technologies

Using new technologies have been extremely helpful in filming and editing my video, as well as planning it, getting feedback of others via the wen and promoting it too. 

To create 'hype' for the release of my music video I researched the current technologies my target audience would currently use, I came across photo editing app 'Instagram' where I released some pictures of the filming process to release only little bits of content which would keep the audience interested and giving them something to look forward too. As well as this I had help with planning with the use of 'Facebook' to quickly contact my model, and any other people I needed to borrow costume or equipment from. In promoting my music video I used both twitter and Facebook to promote both my blog and teaser trailers/ my final video. Again this appealing not only to my target audience, but other audiences in order to get feedback to help the development of my video as with Facebook I got friends and family to share the video itself so it would get around to different people. 

For my ancillary tasks I used photoshop to create the final outcomes, this was because I was familiar with the software and it being extremely professional too. It gave me more freedom to experiment with different effects which was important in my design process. I used tools such as merging, lens flare, cut and crop, CTRL +T, digital binding and desaturation to produce the final outcomes.

I used top of the range software to produce my final music video. I combined both iMovie and After Effects to edit it as iMovie strengthened in the production and combination of the clips but After Effects soared in the editing effects which is something I am proud to maintain working with both software through the duration of the project. The use of technology for the making of both the ancillary and music video such as SLR cameras and video recording cameras came at a struggle at first, but overcoming the start of not knowing how to use them I was able to produce some excellent shots. I also used a variation of lighting and camera lenses which helped create a unique selling point to my video.

Finally using a blog to keep regular referencing to my designs has been extremely important within the development and planning stages of the project. I have weekly updated it so that my followers have something to read and look forward too and keeps them interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment