Thursday 14 March 2013

Design of my DigiPak


This is the mock up for my digi pan. There will be a variation of filters and different opacity levels to create the final outcome along with text over the CD and under the circle on the front cover. 


THE COVER


This is the above photo I started with from my shoot. I used a fish eye lens on my camera to create the circular effect which you can evidently see. I chose this image as when considering the name of the album - Every Kingdom I straight away thought about a underwater kingdom like Alantas therefore creating this shared knowledge through visuals as this will entice the viewer in. 



I then using the circular marquee tool selected the circle and cutting a galaxy secondary image I then pasted it and adjusted onto the original image/layer using CTRL+T to adjust the sizing. I then changed the opacity and it led to this outcome. I then cropped the circle itself and fitted it onto a new document. A 600x600mm document as this is the size of a DigiPak cover. I then using the sphere tool made it look more round and adjusted the size making it smaller.  Then using the blur tool to go around the edges to make it look less sharp. Then simply adding the text underneath. 



This was the original final design for my front cover. After speaking to my target audience about what they thought and the development process of the design they all preferred the blue colour before it was inverted as it linked into the idea of an underwater kingdom, where as the current cover made it look more sic-fi and space like. Therefore I changed it into blue which then inspired the rest of my design for the digi-pak. 


THE BACKCOVER



Using the same size document I was able to construct the backcover with ease. I made the song list in a individual form as from my format research I was influenced not to do the generic style of just a numbered list. Which is why I produced the set list as a piece of art more than just writing. Using both a bar code to scan the album and a QR code enables the target audience to get content from the album as this is an increasing form of advertising and promotion.




I then added a official paper logo and writing to conform the licenses of the album as well as the copyright to make the back-cover seem more legit and professional. 



THE INSIDE BOOKLET


To create this I repeated the steps of the album cover but used different images. This is because I didn't want the whole DigiPak too look the same. I experimented with different filters and merging techniques the most with this design as I wanted something a little more fun and upbeat which is what I believe I have created.


THE CD 

I used this template to help me construct the design of the CD. As this would make it seem more professional and to a high standard rather than guessing size and measurements which could look rushed.



I repeated the process of the album cover to produce the CD cover. I chose to use the same image as it would show this clear link between the two and becomes this brand in a sense of this magical underwater kingdom.


No comments:

Post a Comment