Thursday 14 March 2013

Design of my Poster Design


This is the mock up of what I aim to achieve, although simplistic and minimal I believe the real thing will look a lot more eye catching and appealing to my target audience.


This is the original image that I took for the magazine poster. I choose to take it landscape in order for it to be a double page spread. The song being 'Diamonds' I wanted to keep it simplistic and let the visuals do the talking therefore actually showing a picture of a diamond would create this shared knowledge.


I then made it into black and white in order to link it with the colour scheme. Along with black and white reminds you off diamonds too. I then sharpened the image slightly to make it clear, and changed the contrast to make it duo tone.


This is an actual image of Ben Howard (secondary image) I choose this as in both the album digipak and music video I didn't include any visual relation to Ben of his own appearances, I believe this isn't commonly seen without posters which captures a unique and individual approach which represents the genre itself.


After putting the image of him on the previous layer I then changed the opacity to make it more clear to see the underneath diamond. I then using CTRL + T was able to adjust the size so we got a border only at the top and bottom which is also unusual.


This is now my final poster, I added the logo of Ben Howards font as well as a classy font which looks very professional to advertise the song name, this is because the video and album cover represents this too. Overall I'm extremely proud of both of my final ancillary outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment