Thursday 14 March 2013

Inspiration of shots from other music videos


NICKI MINAJ - STARSHIPS


As you can see I was really inspired by this kaleidoscope effect within Nicki Minaj's video as it portrays the post modern work within this generation and really stands out as it is extremely captivating. With this inspiration I then felt the need to show a more simplistic, more minimal approach by making it my own. I was so inspired in the end result you can see the effect being used in different forms but in several different illusions and ways which don't bore the viewer or become repetitive.  




I made the lens with three triangular shaped mirrors hand crafted to go around the lens which I then added in more pieces to create the different effects. Which you can see throughout the video.





 KANYE FT. JAY Z - NIGGAS IN PARIS



After recently seeing the new video from Kanye and Jay Z I believe that by creating a mirror effect it becomes part of the future generation of modernism. Although my music video isn't in the above genres of the previous artists being inspired by their work and portraying it in my own form shows my development and understanding of what sells and what is important as well.


By following a tutorial I was able to create the effect by layering it upon the original video then using the side by side layer effect I was then able to edit the second copy with the video effect of flip, which created this mirror effect. Although this was all well and good the movement from me holding the camera meant that the mirror line moved, therefore using the stabiliser I was able to achieve a steady and secure edit. 



 ELLIE GOULDING - FIGURE 8 




I was really inspired by the start of the Ellie Goulding video after researching artist of the similar genre. The alternative approach Ellie had in her video influenced my work, the reversed effect of the feathers going back up really stands out amongst the worn background. I chose a similar setting but didn't want to use the same props as it would seem like I'm copying her where as Ive just been influenced. I used shells and water instead, I felt mine wasn't as good as hers as I didn't obviously have a good of camera which would effect the detail which was captured which was clear when I attempted to slow down the video therefore I kept majority of it to the same original speed. 



The above print screen shows the production of my influenced version, by using the reverse tool as well as changing the speed of the clip.


Also inspired by the Lady GaGa research I included some subtle product placement of the converse seen in the above shots. This was subtle as I felt it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the music video. Converse considered as a indie fashion shoe option as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment