Thursday 14 March 2013

Summary of Analysis - Music Videos

When considering what I have learnt from the analysis of the Music Videos I believe I have greatened my understanding and knowledge of what works well within the industry and what doesn't. I have in my own work presented the use of homage and greatened my intelligence on post modernism through my video. 

I was influenced by Lady GaGa's constant use of product placement throughout all of her music videos. I incorporated this into my own work in a new form which I believe hasn't been done before - Subtle product placement. As if it is unintentional however this was the only placement I used for I didn't want to over do it. 

I realised I would be able to incorporate more editing effects than I originally thought. When you think of a professional music video you don't think of editing to the extreme, however after I broke down both Rihanna's and M83's videos it hit me that there is so much you don't realise, its just done subtly which is what I tried to achieve within my work. 

I discovered that you can combine abstract videos with non-abstract in a sense that it is relatable to the song but yet still has a unusual and unknown theme to it which is what my video represents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment