Thursday 14 March 2013

Editing Diary + Filming Diary



FILMING DIARY DAY ONE  - SHOOT ONE


In this clip we see a variation of successful and unsuccessful videos. I believe the shoot went extremely well and my organisation skills of contacting the model, collecting the props and waking up at 6am in order to get a gradient effect from the fog paid off! I experimented with several angles to show different perspectives but still kept it relatively minimal within this shoot as I wanted to capture the english heritage which was emphasised through the use of checkered props and costume. There were however some shots which were really un stable due to not using a tripod on the first day of filming, you see these shots at the end. For future reference I will use a tripod within my next shoots. 



FILMING DIARY DAY TWO - SHOOT ONE


My most successful shoot to date. By not having to rely on a model and there availability within this shot I was able to take as long as I liked and it is clear with the amount of footage taken in. I successfully captured some lovely micro shots within todays filming of plants and the detail within them. And even though it was windy I was able to capture clear and detailed images through using a tripod this time round. I however forgot about filming in landscape mode sometimes which meant I couldn't use some of the clips as they would need cropping and would make the videos pixelated which was rather frustrating and for future filming will not be making this mistake again. 



FILMING DIARY DAY THREE - SHOOT TWO 


This shoot was my most experimental shoot to date. I was able to experiment with different lighting and effects which were unintentional due to the busy winters night in central London. I was then able to edit the lights within the images by making the clips faster or slower to emphasise the fact that the light acts as a diamond shining bright linking to the song and its lyrics. I struggled with using a tripod within such a busy city as it was constantly getting knocked which limited my footage by a lot. This is something I should consider if I were too film in a city again. 



FILMING DIARY DAY FOUR - SHOOT THREE


The best shots within this shoot happened whilst going with the flow. This actually shows the development from my storyboard for I had reasonably stuck to it throughout the filming process but when I had the opportunity to make my own kaleidoscope lens and film through a diamond itself it shows my experimental and creative skills which really boast the unique selling point to the video itself. I struggled to film and hold the lens in place/diamond in place when really I could of really used two people to film which is something I learnt from today, Day 4 of filming. 







No comments:

Post a Comment